MANGO CHICKEN RECIPE
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch pieces
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 white onion, thinly sliced
1 red bell pepper cored, seeded and thinly sliced
1 teaspoon minced garlic
2 teaspoons minced ginger
2/3 cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 1/2 cups fresh mango chunks
2 scallions, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium high heat.
- Place the chicken in the pan in a single layer. Season with salt and pepper. You may need to cook the chicken in batches.
Cook the chicken for 4-6 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Repeat the process with any remaining chicken. Set aside chicken.
- Add the peppers and onions to the same pan and cook for 4 minutes or until softened.
- Add the garlic and ginger to the pan and cook for 1 minute.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the chicken broth, sugar, soy sauce, rice vinegar and cornstarch.
Pour the chicken broth mixture over the chicken and vegetables and bring to a simmer.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes or until sauce has just thickened.
- Stir in the mango chunks.
- Top each plate with chopped scallions and serve.